Security Measures for a WordPress Site
[ Video :- How to Secure Your WordPress Blog ]
WordPress has undoubtedly revolutionized the creation of sites. It has taken the work to non techies & made it super easy. The ease of its tools like themes, plugins etc. makes the work of changes very rapid & fast. The content can be shared with all major social networks makes it more exposed to all type of internet users.
As a result of this, daily more & more marketers are using this platform. At the same time more & more hackers are also looking at this as an opportunity to hack more & more sites, day by day. I was a bit casual about this till one day. I found my site hacked. I didn’t get much panicked but studied the whole episode & finally have written down certain security steps I took:-
- Keep in mind: With all security majors also, the sites can get hacked.
- But that is not the end of the world, security options also keep on arriving. So better Backup the sites.
- Update the wordpress versions, plugins immediately.
- Remove sites from expired domains. Learn why.
- Keep Backup. Use plugin EZPZ.
- Create new users without the word “Admin” or “Webmaster” then delete the old one.
- When creating a new post, first create it on desktop; maintain its backup on external hard disk, then upload on wordpress.
- Use Top quality, “Paid” antivirus software. I use Quickheal.
Using these majors will offer you a considerable amount of security.
You can also see the below mentioned video :-