Please Secure Your Gmail Account !
August 11, 2012
Your Gmail Account can be Hacked !
Yes , I mean it very much. Some time back , a friend of mine got his gmail account hacked. He had to do it all again & he got that.
Again during the last week , I got an email requesting something which I do not deal in. Believe me it was not from Nigeria. I timely replied him that it does not concern my business. Now ,here is what he gave as a reply :-
It is clear , he [someone from Nigeria] was trying to get into his account. Now the question :-
How can We protect our account ? Here are some suggestions :-
1. Keep some critical passwords. Dont use your mother’s OR your birthdate etc, but to remember , spin the words , club them with numbers
2. Use the password hint question [ very useful]
3. Use the 2-step verification method
Here is a video to reveal how to use the two-step process by Google :-
4. Keep changing the password evry 1-3 months
5. If you are using multiple accounts , use a password software like Last Pass. It is very useful
Last Pass will not only remember all of your passwords + it suggests you critical passwords too !
6. Keep tracking your Gmail Account. Do you use the “Last Activity” from your Gmail ?
There is a small option on your gmail screen at right hand side bottom. If you click on that , you will get last 10 activities report on your gmail account. If you notice any suspicious activity , immediately change the password and also create an alert to keep you informed about any future attacks.
You can refer this post for details