Domain Name • Hosting • Marketing
How to transfer domain
September 30, 2012
Migrating a domain name is very simple.
Go to your existing domain provider.
Go to the panel. Open the Domain Lock.
Also see that you have the EPP Code, needed for transfer.
Then approach the new domain provider.
Apply for transfer. Usually you should get this transferred within 5 days.
I have transferred from Unlimited FB to Namecheap.com
They have all videos + knowledgebase + chat support to help you out.
- Regulations prohibit transferring domains that are less than 60 days old (or were transferred between registrars within the last 60 days). Please wait at least 60 days before transferring.
- Expired domain names may not be released by your registrar. If your domain name expired and you are sure your registrar will release it.
- EPP authentication code will be required for all .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .mobi, .ca, .cc, .co, .in, .me, .tv and .us domains. Contact your current registrar to get an EPP code.
- Please make sure the domain is not locked at the current registrar. Many registrars place locks without your knowledge.
- For all .uk domain transfers, update your IPS tag to domain provider before submitting the transfer.
- If your domain expired with your old registrar and you renewed it with them, please do not transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiry date since it will not add 1 more year to your domain name and you will lose out on the renewal fees paid to the older registrar.