How do you convert your desktop website to mobile website ?
Website To Mobile Website
|Desk Top Version||Mobile Version|
Actually you do not need to convert the existing site.
What you have to do is to create a separate mobile version of your website. It is a separate site altogether. The mobile site will have some kind of a code which is called as a redirect code, which is installed on your existing site. Then it automatically detects the kind of browser, whether desktop or mobile; and accordingly the version is displayed.
How to go about this ?
Free Way :- Duda Mobile is one of them where you can not only check but can also get your mobile website for FREE. There is no problems in going for a FREE plan, but it always has some limitations as nothing is free in this world, so with Duda Mobile as well.
The limitations in the Free Version :-
1. The Tap to Call Button :- In fact this is the most important button in the mobile site, as the action on a mobile phone after search is …..Call.
2. Number of views Lock :- There is a lock for number of views. And it is very less. If you promote your site & people will suddenly stop seeing that after a number of views. This is really not affordable to a businessman.
3. Support :- The Free Site/sites are mainly DIY type, that is – Do It Yourself. So if you need any help, support; where can you get that ? Besides that, there are many technical limitations, but it is an excellent place to start with and test your version.
Pay for the Service :-
This is the best way. You get a suitable developer to understand your needs, which buttons you want on site and then get your mobile site designed that way. Pay for service, support. If you are interested, write to us, we too can help you with a good mobile compatible site design. So that the transition of your site to mobile website is smooth & trouble free.
Before you decide , the steps :-
1. Do you have a website first ? Get it , if you DO NOT have.
2. Get proper keywords on your site , so it appears early in Google Search Results
3. Mobile site is ACTION oriented, only keep action tabs on mobile site.
Once your initial things are clear start with the Mobile Site Design. Hire a good service [like us] . Also establish your mobile marketing plan. In your Mobile Marketing Plan, you should have :-
(a) QR Code system :- This is printing a type of code on your site/pages/print material, so that when someone scans the the code through a smart phone, he should be taken to your action pages. E.g . Your signup page OR shopping cart or sales page etc. This marketing strategy is very powerful as it eliminated many steps in between.
(b) SMS Campaign :- This is well known and very popular. No need to talk much about this.
(c) Apps :- Installing proper apps on your smartphone so marketing becomes easier. E.g. apps like Linked In app, Facebook App, Twitter , Pinterest , Youtube etc. The same time you should also make sure :- You install a proper antivirus app on mobile device.And also a proper memory card system so all the data gets routed to the memory card.
First of all get a proper smartphone. I don’t say buy an expensive phone, but an android phone from company like Samsung, LG, micromax , sony should be good enough. The point is :- It should be able to do well with all your marketing work .
What kind of marketing work ?
1. Photo sharing
2. Data Sharing
3. Social Media updates
4. Youtube Videos
5. Pinterest pictures & infographics
These kind of activities will improve your presense in social media. Besides that, no barrier to generating “your only” creative ideas. Best Luck